Monday, September 22, 2014

Good Evening Plum Students!


September 22, 2014

Nice to meet (or see) you Plum students!

Tonight we started to get to know each other.  We introduced ourselves and interviewed partners.

We read an overview of the class and some class rules.

We practiced saying, "I do too" when we agree with positive things (in present tense.)  We say, "I don't either" when we agree with negative things.

He lives in Springfield, and I do too.
She doesn't like to wait, and I don't either.
She likes chocolate, and I do too.
You can say, "she likes watermelon, and I like it too."
DON'T say "she likes watermelon and I like too."

We practiced using to+base verb when talking about activities we like.
Don't use an "ing" form of a verb after "to"

I like to talk.  (talking)
I like to cook.
I like to listen to music.
He likes to drink wine.
She likes to eat fish.
We like to go shopping. (going)


We listened to "I won't give up on you."  It was fast for most of the students.  We went over a little of the vocabulary.

Class Vocabulary

Sign up so I can see your progress -- Don't get superpowers for $$ --


Who did you meet tonight?  Tell me about a classmate

No comments:

Post a Comment