Thursday, November 10, 2016

Challenge: Mike's Letter from mom

This story is similar to the story on Ventures p. 40, but it's not edited for ESOL.  The grammar is VERY difficult and the speed is fast.  I think you can hear and understand a lot of it.


It's killing me -- I'm laughing so much, I might die.
Passive Aggressive:  Say nice things when you want to make other people feel bad or guilty.  ("It's okay, go ahead.  Leave me all alone without any hope.  No problem.")
Sarcasm:  using the tone of your voice to show that you mean the opposite of what you say.
(Unflappable=impossible to upset, but the man is very upset)

  I once dropped my wallet on the METRO train, and a stranger picked it up and mailed it to me (using my driver's license as the address) -- complete with all my cash.

Have you ever lost something in public, but gotten it back?

No comments:

Post a Comment