Friday, November 8, 2013

Tell me a real life example....

This week we spent a lot of time contrasting present tense with past tense.  Please listen to people and watch TV in English.  Tell me one example you hear of past tense and one example of present tense.

For example:  When I was at work, my manager asked me, "Did you finish that?" (PAST)

or
My neighbor said, "My husband always watches football on Sundays." (PRESENT)

or

I watched the news.  They said that the OMB reported that the Parks Service lost a lot of money because of the government shut down.  (PAST)

The woman in the commercial said that ________ always makes her happy.  (PRESENT)

3 comments:

Simona said...

When I was in Italy I went to buy some groceries every Saturday.

I cook some cookie every Mondey and Thursday

Sahar said...

I usually shop from Harris teeter for grocery,I think that store is very good ,we can find a lot of things that my need,but next weekend we went to costco ,I didn't satisfied , because it was far from In my house and most of time we buy alot of things that is not necessary for me.

lama said...

My neighbor told me,that behind our houses there are a hill and in each winter when snow falls ,the children play on the hill and the view from above is wonderful

Post a Comment