Monday, September 23, 2013

Welcome to Class! (Evening, Fall 2013)

Today is the first day of fall.  It's also the first day of a new class.  My name is Laurie.  I've been teaching for more than twenty years.  I love to teach.  I hope you learn a lot of English quickly while you have fun.

We introduced ourselves.  We found people who like soccer, cook, and have spouses.  We used present tense to describe things we do every day.  (I eat every day, not I'm eating every day.)  We listened and filled in the missing lyrics for "Wonderful World."  We talked about habits that can help make learning English go faster.

Vocabulary we talked about included:  enjoyable, during, short, prefer, bloom, sacred, grow, and goal.
--What do you do?/What are you doing?/ How do you do?
--I am cold/I have a cold
--I've lived here for ten years./I've lived here since 2003

--Pronouncing A,E,I,O,U  (Difficult for some people when they spelled their names to their classmates during the "Find someone who..")

Click here to listen and practice saying abc's in English

This video shows some pretty pictures of trees in the fall with relaxing music.  There's no English content.  I want you to have a happy fall and remember what this season looks like in the USA.



Please tell me at least three things about yourself.  You may want to use the three things you told your group that you love.

Example:  My name is Laurie.  I am married to a very nice man.  I love him and my children.  I have five children.  They are teens.  I also love to talk, read, eat, go outside, and listen to music.  I don't like to forget names or smell old fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment